Position title: Site Administration Lead (SAL)
Reports to: Project Director/General Manager Operations (PD/GMO)
Role reports: 1 employee, contractors
Last reviewed: 23 November 2023
Listed on the ASX in 1983, Astron Corporation Limited is a mining and processing company, domiciled in Hong Kong. Astron has more than thirty years’ experience in mineral sands processing, technology and downstream product development, as well as the marketing and sale of zircon and titania (titanium dioxide) products.
The Donald Project is a tier-1 rare earth and mineral sands resource located within the Murray Basin near the towns of Minyip and Donald in western Victoria.
We observe the law, our obligations, voluntary commitments and internal standards
We comply with all laws, regulations and obligations that are applicable, including internal Astron policies and voluntary commitments. We ensure our personal and business interests never interfere with our ability to make sound, objective decisions.
We behave in a professional manner that fosters trust, confidence and goodwill. We are always respectful and ensure that we do the right thing. We always strive to deliver on our commitments.
We look after our people
Safety comes first, because physical and mental wellbeing are fundamental to a successful workplace. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace culture.
We recognise our responsibilities to our stakeholders
We are committed to engaging in constructive dialogue with our stakeholders to understand and respond to issues that are important to our people, customers, investors, suppliers, government, landowners and the wider community.
Provide site administration, business process and operational support, data management and liaison between site and corporate teams. Manage site access and facility management including employee accommodation and housing. This role will reporting initially to the Project Director, then following construction, to the General Manager Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Key Results Areas:
|Key Responsibilities and Duties:
|Key Performance Indicators:
|Actively contribute to the development and implementation of a strong health and safety culture, and the embedding of company values.
|Work with the site leadership team in the proactive identification and management of health and safety hazardsModel and promote the company values in the execution of duties
|Identify and action HSE risks within both routine and unique work processesCoach and support peers, contractors and suppliers in relation to our culture, values and safety standards
|Provider leadership and support to role reports through modelling of corporate values and positive relationship management
|Actively manage the safety and wellbeing of your reportsSupport the development of your reports in relation to productivity and cultural alignment
|Regular safety, job performance and culture engagement activities with your reportsAccurate and timely completion of annual performance review process
|Develop and manage site administrative processes and capability
|Develop and implement administrative procedures and guidelines for use by employees and contractorsLead and support business systems implementations and upgrades, with a particular focus on needs analysis, data migration and and change management activitiesContribute to employee training and end user support for business information systems and processesOversee the delivery of site IT helpdesk support and process for security of IT hardware until site IT resource is established
|Establish and update administrative procedures specific to Minyip office and facilitiesDirectly contribute to business systems improvement upgrades and implementation, as specifically delegatedInduct and train new employees in job tasks related to the scope of SAL role
|Manage process for site access including the development and improvement of access procedures, and support senior manages to ensure compliance with same
|Oversee operations of site access and controls including gatehouse/boomgates, site security services including management of related contract servicesDevelop, maintain and oversee delivery of generic site inductions for the employees, contractors and employees and support line managers in executing their responsibilities for inductionsManage special purpose access both ad hoc and planned including drug and alcohol testing, and shut down crewsEstablish and maintain protocols and administrative processes to support effective and efficient site visitsEducate and support others to understand their responsibilities in relation to site visits
|Process owner and point of contact for all site visitsDevelop, update and promote guidelines and protocols for site accessDevelop and implement generic visitor induction for site visitsDevelop and deliver site inductions for contractors, visitors and employees during construction phaseContribute to site access design and contractor selection decision processes, as specifically delegated
|Manage employee accommodation contractors and agents including Minyip camp
|Manage the contract for the Minyip camp and represent the company’s interests in resolving financial and safety issues; proactively escalate issues as appropriateManage the company’s relationship with third parties providing employee housing in Minyip and nearby locationsSupport functional and line managers to resolve camp conduct issues concerning employees, contractors or visitors for whom the manager is responsibleAssist all managers including SHEC and HR to maintain a heathy and safe culture in camp and in the community as relates to employee accommodation
|Develop and contribute knowledge of social and physical design considerations for optimal ROI on Minyip campSupport consultation and decision process in relation to employee housing
|General administration and support to Project and Corporate team members
|Directly support the Project Director in all administration duties as requestedProvide ad hoc support to CEO including schedule management when Executive Assistant is on leave or unavailable
|Collaborate or consult with managers and employees to achieve overall project and corporate objectives, as directed by Project Director
|Manage light vehicle fleet
|Establish and maintain light vehicle register and support managers in their responsibilities for managing compliance with company policies and procedures
|Light vehicle register
- Sound leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on delivering outcomes.
- Adaptable and flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Project management skills including scoping, scheduling and stakeholder engagement.
- Good teamwork skills, willingness to pitch in, work well under pressure and be self-motivated
- Strong initiative, and ability to adapt to tight deadlines, and changes in priorities and workloads
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Bachelor’s Degree Qualification in Commercial/Business related field desirable not essential.
- Workplace Health and Safety cert IV or similar, or motivation to achieve same.
- Proven experience in business or facilities management in a commercial enterprise, preferably within the mining & resources industry.
- Basic knowledge of commercial and contract management principles and practices.
- Experience overseeing contractors and supervising and developing direct reports.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- A full current Victorian driver’s licence.
All employees are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others, in adhering to safe work procedures.
- Co-operate with management in its fulfilment of its legislative obligations. Take reasonable care to ensure their own safety and health and that of others, and to abide by their duty of care provided for in the legislation.
- To report any injury, hazard or illness immediately, where practical to their supervisor.
- Not place others at risk by any act or omission.
- Not wilfully or recklessly interfere with safety equipment.